Framework Structure - DatabaseApPHP Framework provides a powerful support for database programming. Developer may decide whether to use direct working with PDO (CDatabase class) extension or use capabilities of Active Record (AR) (CActiveRecord class). To define which type of database work will be used, you have to define database class extends whether from CDatabase or CActiveRecord. Working with CActiveRecord still allows to use all capabilities of PDO and create your own auxilary methods.
Database related classes:
framework/ framework directory
db/ directory where placed all database related classes
- CActiveRecord.php CActiveRecord class
- CDatabase.php CDatabase class
- CDbCommand.php CDbCommand class for query builder
- CRecordEntity.php CRecordEntity class
- db/ directory where placed all database related classes
Detailed description of the work with these classes explained in Models section.